The Cantonese particularly love having stir fried ‘seasonal green’. It is guaranteed to be one of the dishes my parents will order when we are dining out and also a standard dish at home – a dish of stir fried seasonal vegetable with oil and garlic! Therefore, having seasonal green has become a habit ever since I was a young girl. Asparagus are filling up supermarkets, local vegetable stores and online organic vegetable stores. Asparagus are at their prime right now! Here is one of the easiest way to enjoy this nutritious green – a bowl of Asparagus soup with Truffle oil and rustic bread.
- olive oil
- 350g asparagus, peel the stalks and discard the woody part, then chop
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 150g spinach
- 700ml vegetable stock
- truffle olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, fry the onion for a few mins to soften.
- Add the asparagus and garlic and cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the spinach,then pour over the vegetable stock.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then blend it by a hand blender
- Season generously, then pour it into a bowl and drizzle with truffle oil.
- Enjoy it as it is or serve with rustic bread (preferably made from a sourdough, of course ;))