I love Mediterranean Chicken. This is my special recipe, it is quick, easy and yummy. It is also a good way to nudge those husbands who love meat to have more vegetables. It is also a great dish when you are overwhelmed by the amount of tomatoes, peppers and aubergines in your vegetable garden.
Here is what you need and how you make this quick dish (for 2 hungry people).
- 4 chicken thighs with skins, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cooking chorizo sliced
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 bell peppers, quartered
- 300ml chicken stock
- small handful of olives, stones left in
- 2 large aubergines, cut in big chunks
- Brown chicken thighs in a grill or a pan.
- Meanwhile, roast aubergine and pepper with some oil in a 180°C oven for 10 minutes or until it is tender.
- Then add garlic, onion, chorizo and tomatoes.
- Add chicken stock and bring it to a simmer, then add olive and chicken and cook for a further 20 mins.
You can serve with rice or salad.